Monday, August 4, 2008

Another weekend in paradise...

I hope I'm not boring any of you... But, yes, this is yet another post, about yet another "fun in the sun" weekend..... Sorry! Let the fun begin...

He will kill me for this picture some day, I'm sure! Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist! You are too cute fishing naked not to take a picture! That's his new real pole... he's been practicing in the pool until they get some bait for the lake.... that ought to be interesting! Especially since he is becoming more obsessed with death (how? why? where? when?) as the days go on... He instructed me not to spray the little sugar ants coming in the house because "they like us and they are nice and they like living in our house! Don't do that!! They will get killed!" So sad... but I sprayed them the minute he turned his back!

Playing, playing, and more playing!





Ribbit!

This is a little baby frog that we scooped out of the pool with this bucket. Anthony was very excited to pet him before we "set him free".


"The Strawberry Patch"

The best part about ^ this picture is that Anthony took it!


We had fun at the "Strawberry Patch", where, if they were in season, we could have picked and ate our own strawberries. But there were other things to do and see. Mitch and Anthony each adopted a talking parrot that they thought really loved them! The birds were really cool and would do anything for attention. It was fun that they were so responsive! The pinkish white one got right down and spoke in a squeaky high voice for Anthony and screamed when he'd try to walk away. He danced and turned upside down and kept showing us how he could climb on the cage and let go with his feet, only holding on with his beak. Anthony cried when we left and wanted to take him home. He said "He will be so sad without me, he loves me!"............ Mitch got suckered in by the bright red/colorful one who followed him around the cage where ever he went saying "Hello... Whats up?" while he tried to get Mitch to copy his head movements (like Mitch was his talking pet). He also turned in circles while holding onto the cage and hung from the top doing "pull-ups". Their goodbye was equally as dramatic! What a couple of softies I have! I wish I had them that wrapped around my finger! Just kidding, they are both very good to me! In addition to the "lovebirds" there were fruits and vegetables planted, donkeys, turtles, a pig, chickens, roosters, a little country store with ice cream (which we did not have) and .... hmmm... I'm sure I'm forgetting something... Anyway, it was a fun weekend!

3 comments:

Yoga Mama said...

keep me on your list - i love catching up!!

Angie said...

Poor Anthony, he needs to come live with the Gerbers for a while not only do we have ice cream at least once a week but we have brownies with our ice cream. Oh yea!!

Emily Smith said...

"Poor Anthony" - Oh please! He is FAR from deprived! He could have all the ice cream he wanted if his teeth weren't made of chalk! Remember he has $4K worth of crowns in his mouth (the toothfairy never had it so good)! And you better be careful what you wish for or I'll ship the little terror right out to you! HaHa! Love you Ang (and Gerbers)! We look forward to ice cream and brownies at Christmas! Keep an extra toothbrush on hand! xo!