Friday, August 22, 2008

My little cleaner & helper...




Anthony is all about cleaning and helping and doing whatever it takes to get a sticker on his "Reward Chart"! Of course he thinks he deserves stickers for just about anything. But it has been nice to have him so positive and anxious to help with things like vacuuming and laundry (even if it actually makes more work for me to re-do his chores). He is much nicer about dressing, brushing, sleeping, eating and lots of other challenging things. I'm so happy that he is starting to better understand that there are rewards and consequences for his actions without being reminded constantly! There is hope to get out of the terrible 2's and horrible 3's... Whew and YAYYY!!!!!

He is also becoming even more loving and appreciative... he is such an observant, smart and clever little boy! He always tells me that I am pretty and thanks me for doing things with or for him. He loves to tell me things I don't know (funny facts or phrases... sometimes that are made up and some he's learned at school) and then he'll say "You never heard that before right?" "I'm gonna tell you something else too... you ready?" He is anxious to learn lots of things, especially relating to dinosaurs, airplanes, rocket ships, heaven, skeletons, and still tractors and engines of any kind. He always wants specific info on the hows, whys and names of everything. He is also excited about learning and writing letters and making the sounds and thinking of words that start with all letters. When we are home he can rarely be caught without a magnadoodle or pen and paper practicing his writing and drawing. He is a lefty and insists on writing sideways, but his teachers are helping him learn the "lefty" ropes. He is so good a tracing and copying letters and pictures. He even drew an amazing copy of a basic car that Mitch drew for him. It included windows wheels and a driver and then a road to travel on. I'm so proud of him! I love you "baby"! xoxoxoxoooo!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Emily,
I know this is a small world, but I came across you blog through Tina's. Go figure. Anyway, I'm so happy for you and your little family. Your son is simple adorable and you can tell he has a very good mom. Let me know what is new in your world. If you are interested in checking out my fam you can visit:
erikandkatherinejenkins.blogspot.com

Jill Bowcutt said...

He's so grown up! I wish you lived here so our boys could play. They are way too much alike (scary).