Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A much needed nap!

Last Sunday afternoon at some point, as I was drawing letters with Anthony, my head started to nod and I could not keep my eyes open... Mitch and Anthony started reading and playing and I passed out cold. I woke up a while (a long while) later to the beautiful sound of NOTHING... oh, and a little rain and thunder... Where could they be??? I went to the garage to see if the car was here and this is what I found...

Mitch and Anthony (in their matching workout clothes) painting beautiful rocks!... Apparently, they had made a race car with some sort of mold and clay and were waiting for it to dry so they could paint it... and of course paint can't just sit around not being used, so that is where the rocks came in.

It looked like so much fun that I even got in on the action and Anthony took over as photographer... Not bad, huh?... Look at him sweating!! Is it fall yet???

He took some nice shots of us, of "Mitch's poor car in the rain", of himself, and of Mitch with my new car while instructing him to "Bend down and give it a kiss, and say I love you car!" So funny!


Here are a few other pictures he asked me to take the other day. He found these shoes at Target and refused to leave without them because they were "just like Mitchell's". He was so excited to wear them that he cried when I wouldn't let him sleep in them. So he wore them to school with his "cool jeans" in the blazing heat! By the way, he is covering his ears in our driveway because he was watching a tractor dig up the road where a water main broke. It was pretty hard to pull him away from that!!!


And off to school he goes... We love DinoMight!
I wish I had a picture of Mitch and Anthony eating ice cream after school last week. Mitch beat me to his school (his gym is right next door), so he picked him up and walked him over to the ice cream store while they waited for me. *Note the earlier post that car seats don't fit in Mitch's "practice car"...
Anthony was excited to have Mitch come to his school and obviously excited for ice cream! I, on the other hand, was just excited not to have to pay the $5 late fee! Thanks Mitch! You are very good to us both!

1 comment:

The Genta Family said...

What good buddies they seem to be! I love that Mitch is so sweet with Anthony!