Monday, July 28, 2008

Anthony Swims!!! My Little Fish!


After another weekend in the pool with the "Big Kids" who swim, Anthony decided yesterday that it was time he learned to swim too. I've been trying to teach him for months, but he just wants to play and never really tries. He would never put his face under and just plain didn't want to be bothered.
Anyway, so I asked yesterday while we were in the pool by ourselves if he'd like a swimming lesson. He ripped of his mostly deflated (I know, a naughty trick) arm floaties and "dove" in. After about 15 minutes, he had it down and literally wouldn't stop even for a breath or a snack. He listened to everything I said and followed instructions perfectly! He is amazing and loves it! I am so proud of him! He spent the next 3 hours in the pool until I dragged him out. He slept like a rock and woke up ready to swim some more!
I'm so excited that I had to do a little post about it.... I'll get more pictures up soon! And if I can figure it out, perhaps even a video or two!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome!!! That is so neat. Really you should be proud of him beacuse that is amazing. He is seriously too cute. Way to go Anthony!!!

Sonya said...

Hey! Great hearing from you! Your sou is a doll! I can't believe he swims, I can't imagine my daughter swimming! Keep in touch!!!

Stephanie said...

Hey Emily! To answer your question Kaden will be 3 in October and Cohen will be 1 in October as well. We really didn't plan that very well. Thay are fun and I absolutely love having little boys!!!

Unknown said...

Emily I saw your comment on Sonya's blog. I don't know if you remember me from high school, but hopefully you do! You look beautiful, but you always have been! Your sone looks just like you..he is so handsome. Please check out my blog to refresh your memory!

Tina (Tidwell)
http://thehambonies.blogspot.com

AliandT said...

That is so great he is swimming already. He is getting way to big. What a cutie I love the little list of things he says.